Wednesday, January 09, 2008

PhotoMapper Rocks!











I'm interested in "geocoding" my digital photos. I learned that there is software that compares the time encoded on a picture with the time in a track log on a GPS receiver, and then the software places the picture where it was taken in Google Earth and/or Google Maps.

So while reading the GpsPasSion blog I learned about FREE PhotoMapper software that does just that. Quite easily I might add.

The first picture is a screenshot of the software. On the left side is a list of digital pictures, on the right is the GPS tracklog.

The second picture is of Google Earth with the geocoded photos located almost exactly where they were taken. I haven't figured out why some are in the wrong location. But as easy as this was, and for FREE, I'm not complaining!

No comments: